Age-Related Macular Degeneration: Are We Beginning To See The Light? A Lecture
Fri 26 Feb, 2:30PMView show details
Dates, times and booking
Fri 26 Feb 2021 2:30PMBook now
Age-Related Macular Degeneration: Are We Beginning To See The Light? A Lecture By Dr Padraig Mulholland
An online lecture, brought to you through Zoom.
This event is 'Pay What You Can'. Please give what you feel would be an appropriate price for this show. We recommend £5 per ticket.
Age-related macular degeneration (AMD) is the leading cause of vision loss in adults in the UK and Ireland. It is a condition inextricably linked to ageing and leads to a painless loss of vision that can profoundly impact upon daily tasks such as reading, driving and recognising faces. In recent years much progress has been made in developing improved methods to detect, monitor and treat the condition, which has led to markedly reduced rates of vision loss in those suffering from AMD. In this informative session researchers from the Centre for Optometry and Vision Science at Ulster University will introduce AMD, describe how this disease may be detected and report how recent research may be turning the tide on the fight for sight with AMD.
This event is part of the Ulster University Healthy Ageing programme for the NI Science Festival.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms & Conditions of Ticket Sales
- Tickets may not be exchanged or refunded.
- Any tickets remaining unclaimed 15 minutes prior to a performance may be sold.
- Latecomers are admitted at the Management’s discretion.
- All information about performances is accurate at the time of print. Some details may be subject to change.
- The use of cameras or recording equipment is strictly forbidden.
- The management reserves the right to alter or cancel performances without prior notice.
- The Management reserves the right to refuse admission, or to request that the ticket holder leave the premises and to take appropriate action to enforce such a request.
- In exceptional circumstances the Management reserves the right to provide alternative seats to those specified on the ticket.
- Children aged up to 2 years old who can sit on a parent/guardian’s knee do not require a ticket. However, children aged 3 years and over are required to have a ticket purchased for them.
- Unaccompanied children are admitted at the Management’s discretion.
- Where applicable, concession rates are identified as part of the ticket price for a show and are available to over 65's, under 18's, students, unwaged, and those who registered disabled. Simply select your ticket type when booking online to receive this discount. A proof of status will be required when collecting concession tickets.
- The Management reserves the right to alter prices, concessions, conditions of sale and seat allocation without notice. If in doubt please check with the Box office.