Dates, times and booking
Sat 09 Jul 2022 2PMBook now
Heartbreak Productions are back at Riverside this Summer for their unique brand of open air theatre, performing David Walliam's hilarious modern classic tale.
The new playground at the Saxby Hall Orphanage is finally complete, and we can't wait to celebrate with you. The orphanage was founded by Stella Saxby, who some of you may remember. Her parents were killed in a car crash in 1933, leaving her an orphan, all alone with her Awful Auntie. And when we say awful, we mean awful. Aunt Alberta and her best friend Wagner, a vicious Bavarian owl, tried everything they could to torment Stella into signing over the deed to Saxby Hall. But Stela, with the help of her friend Soot (the ghost of a chimney sweep, but friends come in all shapes and sizes, don't they?) fought off Aunt Alberta, saved Saxby Hall and gifted it to be used as an orphanage.
Awful Auntie by David Walliams, adapted for the outdoor stage by Heartbreak Productions, is a truly thrilling tale. Owls, ghosts, chases, escapes, motorcycle rides, and tiddlywinks all fill Stella's days as she evades her menacing Aunt and saves the family home. So, please join us at the dedication of the new playground at Saxby Hall and hear how it all came about.
Please note this performance will take place outdoors (weather permitting). Seating is not provided however we encourage you to bring a blanket or folding chairs to enjoy this performance.
Terms & Conditions of Ticket Sales
- Tickets may not be exchanged or refunded.
- Any tickets remaining unclaimed 15 minutes prior to a performance may be sold.
- Latecomers are admitted at the Management’s discretion.
- All information about performances is accurate at the time of print. Some details may be subject to change.
- The use of cameras or recording equipment is strictly forbidden.
- The management reserves the right to alter or cancel performances without prior notice.
- The Management reserves the right to refuse admission, or to request that the ticket holder leave the premises and to take appropriate action to enforce such a request.
- In exceptional circumstances the Management reserves the right to provide alternative seats to those specified on the ticket.
- Children aged up to 2 years old who can sit on a parent/guardian’s knee do not require a ticket. However, children aged 3 years and over are required to have a ticket purchased for them.
- Unaccompanied children are admitted at the Management’s discretion.
- Where applicable, concession rates are identified as part of the ticket price for a show and are available to over 65's, under 18's, students, unwaged, and those who registered disabled. Simply select your ticket type when booking online to receive this discount. A proof of status will be required when collecting concession tickets.
- The Management reserves the right to alter prices, concessions, conditions of sale and seat allocation without notice. If in doubt please check with the Box office.