Bad Bridget - Criminal Irish Women in History - A Lecture by Dr Leanne McCormick and Dr Elaine Farrell
Thu 29 Oct, 7:30PMView show details
Dates, times and booking
Thu 29 Oct 2020 7:30PMBook now
DetailsPrepare to explore all things weird and wonderful as part of series of talks around the Halloween season at Riverside. In this talk Dr Leanne McCormick, Ulster University and Dr Elaine Farrell, Queen’s University discuss deviant, criminal Irish women in history Hear about Irish women in North America in the 19th and 20th century who fell on the wrong side of the law.
These were the Irish migrants who came to the attention of the authorities for their violent behaviour, who got into fights, who murdered their husbands, their neighbours, even their own blood relatives.
And through the stories of colourful characters, and Irish women you definitely wouldn't want to meet alone on a dark night, we'll see evidence of anger and retaliation, loneliness and despair, discrimination and mental ill-health.
The complexity of the emigration story will be revealed, and a new insight provided into those who left Ireland in the hope of a better life.
Terms & Conditions of Ticket Sales
- Tickets may not be exchanged or refunded.
- Any tickets remaining unclaimed 15 minutes prior to a performance may be sold.
- Latecomers are admitted at the Management’s discretion.
- All information about performances is accurate at the time of print. Some details may be subject to change.
- The use of cameras or recording equipment is strictly forbidden.
- The management reserves the right to alter or cancel performances without prior notice.
- The Management reserves the right to refuse admission, or to request that the ticket holder leave the premises and to take appropriate action to enforce such a request.
- In exceptional circumstances the Management reserves the right to provide alternative seats to those specified on the ticket.
- Children aged up to 2 years old who can sit on a parent/guardian’s knee do not require a ticket. However, children aged 3 years and over are required to have a ticket purchased for them.
- Unaccompanied children are admitted at the Management’s discretion.
- Where applicable, concession rates are identified as part of the ticket price for a show and are available to over 65's, under 18's, students, unwaged, and those who registered disabled. Simply select your ticket type when booking online to receive this discount. A proof of status will be required when collecting concession tickets.
- The Management reserves the right to alter prices, concessions, conditions of sale and seat allocation without notice. If in doubt please check with the Box office.