Dates, times and pricing
Bright Umbrella Theatre Company presents
Dean and the Devil
Wednesday 18th November, 7.30pm
Tickets: £12/£10 concession
Live Online Via Zoom
Part of a programme of events taking place across the UK for National Alcohol Awareness Week 2020.
Philip Orr’s Dean & the Devil is a melancholic monologue by school bus driver Alan who describes how his life has careered out of control and come crashing to a halt as he loses grip of his family, girlfriend, job and health. Karaoke numbers sustain the pace while some gentle humour at the start helps Trevor Gill set up the character sympathetically. In this one man show, Gill morphs into numerous other figures that Alan comes into contact with.
"I thought that people didn’t know … I was a heavy drinker … [but] everyone knew it."
First commissioned by The Hope Centre in Ballymena and first performed in Larne last October, the 40-minute play is a sobering yet unpreachy insight into the reality of alcohol addiction and its impact on the lives of those affected.
Audiences can participate in a post-show discussion and Q&A with the creative team after the performance broadcast.
Terms & Conditions of Ticket Sales
- Tickets may not be exchanged or refunded.
- Any tickets remaining unclaimed 15 minutes prior to a performance may be sold.
- Latecomers are admitted at the Management’s discretion.
- All information about performances is accurate at the time of print. Some details may be subject to change.
- The use of cameras or recording equipment is strictly forbidden.
- The management reserves the right to alter or cancel performances without prior notice.
- The Management reserves the right to refuse admission, or to request that the ticket holder leave the premises and to take appropriate action to enforce such a request.
- In exceptional circumstances the Management reserves the right to provide alternative seats to those specified on the ticket.
- Children aged up to 2 years old who can sit on a parent/guardian’s knee do not require a ticket. However, children aged 3 years and over are required to have a ticket purchased for them.
- Unaccompanied children are admitted at the Management’s discretion.
- Where applicable, concession rates are identified as part of the ticket price for a show and are available to over 65's, under 18's, students, unwaged, and those who registered disabled. Simply select your ticket type when booking online to receive this discount. A proof of status will be required when collecting concession tickets.
- The Management reserves the right to alter prices, concessions, conditions of sale and seat allocation without notice. If in doubt please check with the Box office.