Dates, times and pricing
Friday 18th October 2019, 8pm
“Really enjoyed Joe Nawaz’s one man show Fake I.D.Tightly written, very witty and admirably honest.” Brendan Hughes, IrishNews
"It’s difficult to fit in when your dad sticksout like a brown thumb and even you aren’t sure how to EXACTLY pronounce yoursurname..."
Following acclaimed sold-out shows at the Belfast ComedyFestival and Accidental Theatre in 2017, Fake I.D is coming to the Riversidefor North Coast audiences to enjoy.
Written and performed by Joseph Nawaz, Fake I.D. is aone-man show (“with slides”) about struggles with family and identity in a coldsocial climate...
Growing up in a mixed-race, mixed-faith household at theheight of the northern Irish troubles, Joseph takes us through some old familysnapshots, and his childhood years in 80s and 90s Belfast.
Expect excruciating revelation, some confusion as to theactual direction of Mecca from Balmoral Avenue plus an attempt to finallysolving the age-old riddle of what the difference is between a ProtestantMuslim and a Catholic Muslim.
Running through it all, like a stick of cardamom-flavouredrock, is Joe’s complicated relationship with his Pakistani father, whosesudden, untimely demise precipitated a trip to Pakistan and some surprisingdiscoveries.
Join Joe for a funny, sometimes poignant evening, in a showabout identity, family and belonging, not to mention the impossibility of ahalal Ulster Fry.
Terms & Conditions of Ticket Sales
- Tickets may not be exchanged or refunded.
- Any tickets remaining unclaimed 15 minutes prior to a performance may be sold.
- Latecomers are admitted at the Management’s discretion.
- All information about performances is accurate at the time of print. Some details may be subject to change.
- The use of cameras or recording equipment is strictly forbidden.
- The management reserves the right to alter or cancel performances without prior notice.
- The Management reserves the right to refuse admission, or to request that the ticket holder leave the premises and to take appropriate action to enforce such a request.
- In exceptional circumstances the Management reserves the right to provide alternative seats to those specified on the ticket.
- Children aged up to 2 years old who can sit on a parent/guardian’s knee do not require a ticket. However, children aged 3 years and over are required to have a ticket purchased for them.
- Unaccompanied children are admitted at the Management’s discretion.
- Where applicable, concession rates are identified as part of the ticket price for a show and are available to over 65's, under 18's, students, unwaged, and those who registered disabled. Simply select your ticket type when booking online to receive this discount. A proof of status will be required when collecting concession tickets.
- The Management reserves the right to alter prices, concessions, conditions of sale and seat allocation without notice. If in doubt please check with the Box office.