Dates, times and pricing
IN THE NAME OF THE SON is anexciting new play chronicling the extraordinary life of The Guildford 4’s GerryConlon following his release from prison in 1989.
Who will ever forget the TVimages of a wild-eyed, fist-pumping man, storming up to a bank of microphonesoutside The Old Bailey, proclaiming to the world, “I am a totally innocentman!”
The story of what happened nextand what kind of man that emerged from 14 years of soul-destroying imprisonmentis simply the stuff of legend.
IN THE NAME OF THE SON chartsConlon’s remarkable journey into ‘freedom’ as he received and spent over£1million pounds, became a cause-celebre at the Hollywood Oscars and ran in thesame circles as Johnny Depp, Shane McGowan and Daniel Day Lewis. Conlon seemedto have it all but away from the glamour, fuelled by an addiction tocrack-cocaine, his life was spiralling out of control.
Plagued with the guilt ofbelieving he was responsible for the death of his father, Guiseppe in prison,Gerry Conlon struggled with powerful self-loathing. When he found himselfsearching bins in the backstreets of London for food, he knew he had to dosomething. What emerges from the darkness is Conlon’s resilience and hiseventual life-changing recovery to beat his demons and become a world-renownedHuman Rights campaigner against miscarriages of justice, similar to his own.
Written Gerry’s lifelong friendRichard O’Rawe and Martin Lynch the play explores triumph of the human spiritover extreme adversity. A great story of hope.
Terms & Conditions of Ticket Sales
- Tickets may not be exchanged or refunded.
- Any tickets remaining unclaimed 15 minutes prior to a performance may be sold.
- Latecomers are admitted at the Management’s discretion.
- All information about performances is accurate at the time of print. Some details may be subject to change.
- The use of cameras or recording equipment is strictly forbidden.
- The management reserves the right to alter or cancel performances without prior notice.
- The Management reserves the right to refuse admission, or to request that the ticket holder leave the premises and to take appropriate action to enforce such a request.
- In exceptional circumstances the Management reserves the right to provide alternative seats to those specified on the ticket.
- Children aged up to 2 years old who can sit on a parent/guardian’s knee do not require a ticket. However, children aged 3 years and over are required to have a ticket purchased for them.
- Unaccompanied children are admitted at the Management’s discretion.
- Where applicable, concession rates are identified as part of the ticket price for a show and are available to over 65's, under 18's, students, unwaged, and those who registered disabled. Simply select your ticket type when booking online to receive this discount. A proof of status will be required when collecting concession tickets.
- The Management reserves the right to alter prices, concessions, conditions of sale and seat allocation without notice. If in doubt please check with the Box office.