Medicine For Me Versus Medicine For We, The Background To Personalised Medicine - A Lecture
Fri 26 Feb, 10:30AMView show details
Dates, times and booking
Fri 26 Feb 2021 10:30AMBook now
In recent years, personalised medicine has been a growing area of research, with promising individualised treatments for a whole range of diseases including cancer. This has involved the study of genes and changes in the DNA. By understanding our genetic information, we have the potential to transform the NHS and revolutionise patient treatment. In this short talk, Sarah Atkinson will consider the benefits and risks of DNA testing technology and if applying this technology will improve outcomes. We will look at whether ‘personalised’ is automatically better in the case of medicine or if medicine should be more about ‘we’.
This event is part of the Ulster
University Healthy Ageing programme for the NI Science Festival.
Terms & Conditions of Ticket Sales
- Tickets may not be exchanged or refunded.
- Any tickets remaining unclaimed 15 minutes prior to a performance may be sold.
- Latecomers are admitted at the Management’s discretion.
- All information about performances is accurate at the time of print. Some details may be subject to change.
- The use of cameras or recording equipment is strictly forbidden.
- The management reserves the right to alter or cancel performances without prior notice.
- The Management reserves the right to refuse admission, or to request that the ticket holder leave the premises and to take appropriate action to enforce such a request.
- In exceptional circumstances the Management reserves the right to provide alternative seats to those specified on the ticket.
- Children aged up to 2 years old who can sit on a parent/guardian’s knee do not require a ticket. However, children aged 3 years and over are required to have a ticket purchased for them.
- Unaccompanied children are admitted at the Management’s discretion.
- Where applicable, concession rates are identified as part of the ticket price for a show and are available to over 65's, under 18's, students, unwaged, and those who registered disabled. Simply select your ticket type when booking online to receive this discount. A proof of status will be required when collecting concession tickets.
- The Management reserves the right to alter prices, concessions, conditions of sale and seat allocation without notice. If in doubt please check with the Box office.