Dates, times and booking
Tue 23 Feb 2021 10:30AMBook now
Aging is a complex yet natural process. The effect of environmental factors, genetics and routine wear and tear on our bodies eventually takes a toll in huge variety of ways. It is the result of living that brings unavoidable health problems! Over time, the cells of our bodies age as we do, resulting in their inability to replicate and they become damaged and die, causing our bodies to age and disease to develop. Stem cells have the unique ability to grow into any cell type within the body and therefore offer huge potential for treatment of a wide range of disease. Scientists are investigating how stem cells can be used to prevent, slow down or reverse this process and combat age-related conditions such as heart disease, diabetes and vision loss. Join Genomic Medicine researcher, Dr Diane Lees-Murdock, as we discuss how stem cells were uncovered and how they are currently being used to treat disease as well as how they could be employed for further health benefits in the future.
This event is part of the Ulster University Healthy Ageing programme for the NI Science Festival
Terms & Conditions of Ticket Sales
- Tickets may not be exchanged or refunded.
- Any tickets remaining unclaimed 15 minutes prior to a performance may be sold.
- Latecomers are admitted at the Management’s discretion.
- All information about performances is accurate at the time of print. Some details may be subject to change.
- The use of cameras or recording equipment is strictly forbidden.
- The management reserves the right to alter or cancel performances without prior notice.
- The Management reserves the right to refuse admission, or to request that the ticket holder leave the premises and to take appropriate action to enforce such a request.
- In exceptional circumstances the Management reserves the right to provide alternative seats to those specified on the ticket.
- Children aged up to 2 years old who can sit on a parent/guardian’s knee do not require a ticket. However, children aged 3 years and over are required to have a ticket purchased for them.
- Unaccompanied children are admitted at the Management’s discretion.
- Where applicable, concession rates are identified as part of the ticket price for a show and are available to over 65's, under 18's, students, unwaged, and those who registered disabled. Simply select your ticket type when booking online to receive this discount. A proof of status will be required when collecting concession tickets.
- The Management reserves the right to alter prices, concessions, conditions of sale and seat allocation without notice. If in doubt please check with the Box office.