Immerse yourself in a Nightmare Performance Experience this Autumn –
Paul and Deirdre are trying to adopt a child. In their world, adoption is shameful and embarrassing, and discretion is key. When Rosie, the adoption agent, arrives for a home visit, Paul and Deirdre struggle to impress her; casting doubts over their chances of getting a child. But Rosie’s visit threatens a much larger secret; something Paul and Deirdre have hidden their entire relationship – the illegal forest in their spare room on the top floor. Rosie becomes entranced by the forest, and she offers to speed up the adoption process in return for access to the forest, one day a week. However, Rosie is also holding a secret close to her heart and her weekly visits to the forest lead to the emergence of a sinister presence that begins to create havoc in all of their lives. Sylvan is a delicious nightmare for the senses.
Tinderbox will premiere Jonathan M. Daley’s thrilling new play Sylvan in site-specific locations across Ireland, including the woodland area around the Riverside Theatre grounds. Sylvan promises to be a visual feast of the Theatre of the Grotesque with stunning design by Stuart Marshall and featuring a stellar cast, Ruby Campbell, Maria Connolly and Seamus O’Hara. The play will be performed in Forests in Coleraine and Belfast, and we are delighted to be part of the Imagine Arts Festival in Waterford. Sylvan promises to be a nightmarish immersive live experience with the amalgamation of digital film, horror, sound design and live performance. Sylvan will be directed by Tinderbox Artistic Director, Patrick J’O Reilly.
Age Guidance: 16+
Terms & Conditions of Ticket Sales
- Tickets may not be exchanged or refunded.
- Any tickets remaining unclaimed 15 minutes prior to a performance may be sold.
- Latecomers are admitted at the Management’s discretion.
- All information about performances is accurate at the time of print. Some details may be subject to change.
- The use of cameras or recording equipment is strictly forbidden.
- The management reserves the right to alter or cancel performances without prior notice.
- The Management reserves the right to refuse admission, or to request that the ticket holder leave the premises and to take appropriate action to enforce such a request.
- In exceptional circumstances the Management reserves the right to provide alternative seats to those specified on the ticket.
- Children aged up to 2 years old who can sit on a parent/guardian’s knee do not require a ticket. However, children aged 3 years and over are required to have a ticket purchased for them.
- Unaccompanied children are admitted at the Management’s discretion.
- Where applicable, concession rates are identified as part of the ticket price for a show and are available to over 65's, under 18's, students, unwaged, and those who registered disabled. Simply select your ticket type when booking online to receive this discount. A proof of status will be required when collecting concession tickets.
- The Management reserves the right to alter prices, concessions, conditions of sale and seat allocation without notice. If in doubt please check with the Box office.