Dates, times and booking
Fri 29 Oct 2021 1PMBook now
Exploring myths and stories of women from our ancient past
In the stories associated with many of our historic monuments especially ancient tombs and burials, the central characters are women.
This lecture will look at the burial traditions of our past and the place of women within them.
It will examine the physical evidence of the entombed female, commencing with the megalithic traditions of the late Neolithic and continuing through later Bronze Age, Iron Age and Medieval burial practices.
I will also look at the myths and folklore surrounding these burials, recounting tales of fascinating female characters such as the Cailleach Bhéara, Tailtiu and Áine, who are associated with many of our ancient burial sites.
Lecture by Ulster University’s Bronagh Patricia Murray
Terms & Conditions of Ticket Sales
- Tickets may not be exchanged or refunded.
- Any tickets remaining unclaimed 15 minutes prior to a performance may be sold.
- Latecomers are admitted at the Management’s discretion.
- All information about performances is accurate at the time of print. Some details may be subject to change.
- The use of cameras or recording equipment is strictly forbidden.
- The management reserves the right to alter or cancel performances without prior notice.
- The Management reserves the right to refuse admission, or to request that the ticket holder leave the premises and to take appropriate action to enforce such a request.
- In exceptional circumstances the Management reserves the right to provide alternative seats to those specified on the ticket.
- Children aged up to 2 years old who can sit on a parent/guardian’s knee do not require a ticket. However, children aged 3 years and over are required to have a ticket purchased for them.
- Unaccompanied children are admitted at the Management’s discretion.
- Where applicable, concession rates are identified as part of the ticket price for a show and are available to over 65's, under 18's, students, unwaged, and those who registered disabled. Simply select your ticket type when booking online to receive this discount. A proof of status will be required when collecting concession tickets.
- The Management reserves the right to alter prices, concessions, conditions of sale and seat allocation without notice. If in doubt please check with the Box office.