Dates, times and pricing
Legends of Irish music & song TheFUREYS, renowned for their hit songs ‘I will love you’, ‘When you were sweet16’, ‘The Green fields of France’, ‘The old man’ and ‘Red rose café’ return toThe Riverside Theatre this Autumn.
The FUREYS have been entertainingaudiences worldwide for 41 years, audiences that have included formerAustralian Prime Minister John Howard, Former Irish President Mary McAleese andthe late Pope John Paul while Tony Blair has publicly stated his favouritepeace song of all time is the FUREYS “Green Fields of France” and PresidentMichael D Higgins attended their last concert in National Concert Hall.
The oldest of the brothers, EddieFurey left home in 1966 and travelled to Scotland at the time of the great folkrevival where he shared accommodation with then unknown folk singers BillyConnolly, Gerry Rafferty and Alex Campbell. In 1969 with his brother Finbar, hewas the special guest for the Clancy Brothers and Tommy Makem throughout theUSA and Canada. In 1971 he moved to mainland Europe where he toured for sevenyears. Dave Stewart from the Eurythmics has credited Eddie with teaching himhis first chords on guitar when they met up in the North East of England whileDave was still a teenager.
Terms & Conditions of Ticket Sales
- Tickets may not be exchanged or refunded.
- Any tickets remaining unclaimed 15 minutes prior to a performance may be sold.
- Latecomers are admitted at the Management’s discretion.
- All information about performances is accurate at the time of print. Some details may be subject to change.
- The use of cameras or recording equipment is strictly forbidden.
- The management reserves the right to alter or cancel performances without prior notice.
- The Management reserves the right to refuse admission, or to request that the ticket holder leave the premises and to take appropriate action to enforce such a request.
- In exceptional circumstances the Management reserves the right to provide alternative seats to those specified on the ticket.
- Children aged up to 2 years old who can sit on a parent/guardian’s knee do not require a ticket. However, children aged 3 years and over are required to have a ticket purchased for them.
- Unaccompanied children are admitted at the Management’s discretion.
- Where applicable, concession rates are identified as part of the ticket price for a show and are available to over 65's, under 18's, students, unwaged, and those who registered disabled. Simply select your ticket type when booking online to receive this discount. A proof of status will be required when collecting concession tickets.
- The Management reserves the right to alter prices, concessions, conditions of sale and seat allocation without notice. If in doubt please check with the Box office.