Dates, times and booking
Fri 19 Nov 2021 12:30PMBook now
A facilitated round table discussion and live Q&A between an academic film supervisor (Dr Victoria McCollum) and her Monster Scholar Doctoral Candidates (John Kavanagh, Nicole Hamilton, Gerard Gibson and Tasha Curry) about how the monster functions, their historical uses and the social and cultural purposes of the monster. This event invites the audience to reconsider how horror and the occult are viewed, inviting recognition of the important historic social and cultural role these forces have exerted on human history and recognising their influence for good and ill, to better navigate the paths before us. We also explore the pedagogical power of the monstrous and how innovative teaching strategies that use our cultural fascination with monsters can enhance learning.
Terms & Conditions of Ticket Sales
- Tickets may not be exchanged or refunded.
- Any tickets remaining unclaimed 15 minutes prior to a performance may be sold.
- Latecomers are admitted at the Management’s discretion.
- All information about performances is accurate at the time of print. Some details may be subject to change.
- The use of cameras or recording equipment is strictly forbidden.
- The management reserves the right to alter or cancel performances without prior notice.
- The Management reserves the right to refuse admission, or to request that the ticket holder leave the premises and to take appropriate action to enforce such a request.
- In exceptional circumstances the Management reserves the right to provide alternative seats to those specified on the ticket.
- Children aged up to 2 years old who can sit on a parent/guardian’s knee do not require a ticket. However, children aged 3 years and over are required to have a ticket purchased for them.
- Unaccompanied children are admitted at the Management’s discretion.
- Where applicable, concession rates are identified as part of the ticket price for a show and are available to over 65's, under 18's, students, unwaged, and those who registered disabled. Simply select your ticket type when booking online to receive this discount. A proof of status will be required when collecting concession tickets.
- The Management reserves the right to alter prices, concessions, conditions of sale and seat allocation without notice. If in doubt please check with the Box office.