The Language of Love - A Poetry Reading With Ulster University's School of Creative Writing & Contemporary Literature
Fri 12 Feb, 7:30PMView show details
Dates, times and booking
Fri 12 Feb 2021 7:30PMBook now
This event is 'Pay What You Can'. Please give what you feel would be an appropriate price for this show. We recommend £5 per ticket.
Lecturer in English, Dr Tim Hancock, a specialist in love poetry and modern literature, will introduce the evening with a talk about the different kinds of love that have (with the help of MRI scanners) been identified, their characteristic features, and how these features can be recognised in love poems through the ages.
The School boasts a flourishing Creative Writing program, and this event presents readings by eight accomplished undergraduate and graduate poets whose work has received local, national and international recognition. Join us for readings of moving, original, indelible love poems by Keilan Colville, Stephanie Conn, Sheanin Hughes, Angeline Kelly, Niamh McNally, Amanda Mironova-Stronge, Carolann North, and Kendra Reynolds.
Terms & Conditions of Ticket Sales
- Tickets may not be exchanged or refunded.
- Any tickets remaining unclaimed 15 minutes prior to a performance may be sold.
- Latecomers are admitted at the Management’s discretion.
- All information about performances is accurate at the time of print. Some details may be subject to change.
- The use of cameras or recording equipment is strictly forbidden.
- The management reserves the right to alter or cancel performances without prior notice.
- The Management reserves the right to refuse admission, or to request that the ticket holder leave the premises and to take appropriate action to enforce such a request.
- In exceptional circumstances the Management reserves the right to provide alternative seats to those specified on the ticket.
- Children aged up to 2 years old who can sit on a parent/guardian’s knee do not require a ticket. However, children aged 3 years and over are required to have a ticket purchased for them.
- Unaccompanied children are admitted at the Management’s discretion.
- Where applicable, concession rates are identified as part of the ticket price for a show and are available to over 65's, under 18's, students, unwaged, and those who registered disabled. Simply select your ticket type when booking online to receive this discount. A proof of status will be required when collecting concession tickets.
- The Management reserves the right to alter prices, concessions, conditions of sale and seat allocation without notice. If in doubt please check with the Box office.