Dates, times and booking
Fri 08 Jul 2022 7:30PMBook now
An evening of music to launch Grainne Milner-McLoone’s new albumThe Songs of Sam Henry, with an introduction by Joe Mahon.
The performance will be followed by discussions, refreshments and CD signing.
As a PhD researcher in English at Ulster University, local musician, and Northern Bridge Candidate, Grainne arranged and recorded a number of songs from Sam Henry’s Irish song archive as part of her collaborative PhD with the Causeway Coast and Glens Museum service.
Sam Henry was a folk song collector from Coleraine who, over a period of 30 years, collected what he called the ‘Songs of the People’ from various communities across Northern Ireland. The collection holds over 800 songs reflecting themes of place, home, and nature. Grainne’s album captures a number of these, chosen to highlight how both the landscape, and local tragedy can be expressed in folksong, revealing a unique sense of place for the people and communities in the North of Ireland.
We look forward to welcoming you to discoverThe Songs of Sam Henry,and celebrate the music of our local communities.
Terms & Conditions of Ticket Sales
- Tickets may not be exchanged or refunded.
- Any tickets remaining unclaimed 15 minutes prior to a performance may be sold.
- Latecomers are admitted at the Management’s discretion.
- All information about performances is accurate at the time of print. Some details may be subject to change.
- The use of cameras or recording equipment is strictly forbidden.
- The management reserves the right to alter or cancel performances without prior notice.
- The Management reserves the right to refuse admission, or to request that the ticket holder leave the premises and to take appropriate action to enforce such a request.
- In exceptional circumstances the Management reserves the right to provide alternative seats to those specified on the ticket.
- Children aged up to 2 years old who can sit on a parent/guardian’s knee do not require a ticket. However, children aged 3 years and over are required to have a ticket purchased for them.
- Unaccompanied children are admitted at the Management’s discretion.
- Where applicable, concession rates are identified as part of the ticket price for a show and are available to over 65's, under 18's, students, unwaged, and those who registered disabled. Simply select your ticket type when booking online to receive this discount. A proof of status will be required when collecting concession tickets.
- The Management reserves the right to alter prices, concessions, conditions of sale and seat allocation without notice. If in doubt please check with the Box office.