Dates, times and booking
Sat 20 Nov 2021 2PMBook now
From Sabrina the Teenage Witch to Harry Potter, from The Wizard of Oz to The Chronicles of Narnia, young people’s culture is full of witches. This talk, by theatre studies scholar and Head of the School of Arts and Humanities Dr Tom Maguire, invites the audience to explore why these transgressive and often marginalized figures remain so potent in the popular culture of contemporary young people. Referring to a wide range of examples from popular books, films and television programmes, this session explores the often contradictory ways in which witches are represented and what that tells us about their place in the cultures of young people today.
Terms & Conditions of Ticket Sales
- Tickets may not be exchanged or refunded.
- Any tickets remaining unclaimed 15 minutes prior to a performance may be sold.
- Latecomers are admitted at the Management’s discretion.
- All information about performances is accurate at the time of print. Some details may be subject to change.
- The use of cameras or recording equipment is strictly forbidden.
- The management reserves the right to alter or cancel performances without prior notice.
- The Management reserves the right to refuse admission, or to request that the ticket holder leave the premises and to take appropriate action to enforce such a request.
- In exceptional circumstances the Management reserves the right to provide alternative seats to those specified on the ticket.
- Children aged up to 2 years old who can sit on a parent/guardian’s knee do not require a ticket. However, children aged 3 years and over are required to have a ticket purchased for them.
- Unaccompanied children are admitted at the Management’s discretion.
- Where applicable, concession rates are identified as part of the ticket price for a show and are available to over 65's, under 18's, students, unwaged, and those who registered disabled. Simply select your ticket type when booking online to receive this discount. A proof of status will be required when collecting concession tickets.
- The Management reserves the right to alter prices, concessions, conditions of sale and seat allocation without notice. If in doubt please check with the Box office.